Thursday 5 March 2020

Unity tutorial 06


Unity Tutorial 06


So for this weeks Unity tutorial I was tasked with following  video tutorials from the official unity site and ended up following these particular tutorials.

3.1 Jump Force
For this Tutorial I was tasked with to learn how to set up gameplay by spawning things such as obstacles at particular timed intervals and getting the player to jump using the space bar button on the controls, however in the end when I was trying to spawn these obstacles they were not appearing visibly on screen which made it hard to locate it. however after removing the code and re- typing it it seemed to work. Another issue however that I couldn't seem to fix was that that when my player had jumped the ground did not seem to be registering/existing after the act. I tried following the video but could not find out the issue. I did also like the addition of  making your own unique background to suit the setting of the game itself.


For me this task was quite straightforward I just followed the instructions from the guide I linked in the heading and it seemed to work quite well. The issue I had with this program was only getting the obstacles to not re-spawn afterwards. But for some reason this did not seem to work.

Link to where I found this image here

3.3 Don't Just Stand There
I found this one program to be quite difficult and couldn't complete it in the end. This was due to the not being visible after I place the code in exactly as it was in the Unity video tutorial video. This made it difficult to animate the character int hitting these obstacles as they could not be seen. I did however keep getting errors which makes me think I am missing something in the code, but from rechecking the code I could not find anything missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment