Friday 27 September 2019

“Introduction” About me


About me

When I was told i needed to write a blog about myself I was wondering how to start this. I suppose the best way us to start is with introducing myself .My name is Dillon Eagers i am a  23 years old  guy from Dublin, studying Creative Digital Media in my second year at Technology University Dublin in Blanchartstown. I fell love the course from last year  with things such as Design process  as it allowed me to learn about patterns and shapes which allowed me to make some amazing illustrations. I also loved learning how to use twine as it allowed me to make an interactive game story based off 80's horror comics in which i used images of fellow classmates to potray the characters in the game..

My favorite hobby are movies , as i love discussing movie theory with others and learning little things about movie that no one else would know. It even inspired me to start  a film society this year in college with someone I have known since last year to discuss film theory and learn film techniques in the future that i could use to possibly benefit me in the filming aspect of the course. There is the image of us with the poster I drew below.


I do also like going to the gym twice a week ,as well as trying to cook new things at home. My favorite thing to cook is spaghetti as i love making the sauce and trying new sauces. My favorite food overall is pepperoni pizza on my cheat day.  One fun thing I love to do in my free time is scout town for interesting spots for filming and photography. My dream role at the moment would be to find a job in the logo design industry preferably for a well known firm. 

Id say the most exciting thing I did in the last week was going into town to the National Gallery to get inspiration for culture night  I ended up getting drawn to the Bauhaus section and its sketches and illustrations. I just loved the varieties that were offered in the end. 


I started reading was "IT" by Stephen king as he is my favorite writer  and I recently have a new series I got into on Netflix called "Mindhunter" as I love criminology and learning about the dark side of the human mind on what makes a person act in ways that would be considered hanious to most people.

That is about all I have to say in this "self blog" I hope you guys enjoyed reading my blog and  I am looking forward to hearing back from you guys and getting some feedback on how my content on these blogs are going.






10 comments:

  1. Hello Dillon, I really loved reading your intro blog. Pepperoni pizza is indeed a beautiful gift from the man in the clouds and I would be interested in participating in your film club. I might talk to you about how I can join it. Like you I also really enjoy films and learning how they are made by people and the passion and dedication needed to create masterpieces. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hello there to you Dillon

    I must say that I did enjoy you little blog post here as it was very interesting to read. Nothing beats the feels of the media of film (as you may already know from the past from this "person" you speak of that sounds very familiar) and that everything goes well with it. yes it is intriguing to see the world of culture and art indeed and the world of other forms of media is very enjoyable too. I look forward to reading more of your blogs as my hat goes off to you.

    Cheerio!!!

    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dillon,
    Your blog was very interesting i am glad you enjoy the course and know what kind of job you would like to get into after this course because I feel like most people still are not sure like myself I also love Stephen king he is an amazing writer and IT is one of my favorite book/movie that he made I also have watched mindhunter just finished season 2 and it is brilliant its really interesting anyway I will leave it there hope to read more of your blogs soon.
    - Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dillon
    I found this introduction post to be a good way to get to know you. As I can see from this post you enjoy the course and you have a good idea of what job you want after you finish this course. I want to read IT as I really enjoyed the first movie but the second one is shit
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Dillon,

    This a nice and well put together blog post. It's good that I'm not the only over twenty year old in this course, only being a year younger than you. I really liked design process as well. It was a fun module to do. It's really to cool that you're such a film buff. I wish I was that good when it came to understanding film and such hehe. I hope this years goes well for you!

    - Nathan Harte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dillon,

    I enjoyed reading this blog and feel that I got to know you better! I loved Design Process too (although stressful) and liked learning about visual elements. Your sketches for that module were awesome!
    Also, while I am not much of a cook, I do appreciate that you like to cook spaghetti since that's my favourite food! I love me a good pizza too (not pepperoni though, I'm a chicken girl).

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your blogs and seeing your future work!

    - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Dillon,

    First off allow to me say that pepperoni pizza is indeed very good, secondly its cool to see you're a big fan of Stephen Kings books as well as his film adaptations, since people just don't know how good books like Pet Sematary and The Mist are compared to their film adaptations. Also pretty cool to see you're into criminal psychology as I've always been pretty interested in it myself.

    Nice blog intro,
    Cya,
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sup Dillion!

    I sstill think its awesome that you've set up a new society in your second year of college, that's such a big thing to do.
    Also I still love the whole photo process we went through for your twine game last year, Carrie as the murderer all the way.

    Its great that you've found an era of design tat you love so much, and want to apply to your work
    Hope life is good!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dillon,

    I don't know where you find the time for everything that you do. It's very impressive that you set up a society in second year. It's a big deal, and a big commitment, so I'm sure that it will be a feat that will set up good things for you in the future.

    I'm a big film fan myself. One of my favourite things to do in recent years is to study films. Cinematography, staging, editing techniques - I love seeing these used effectively and being able to spot it.

    Keep up the good stuff!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dillon,

    I really like your blog. I knew you were into film and you go to the gym, but I didn't know you scouted the town for interesting spots for filming/photography. Where do you get the time to do these things ?

    I also knew you set up film society, so how's that been going so far ? Hopefully it's been going good!

    Can't wait to read your blog again in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete