Saturday 28 September 2019

Technology Blog by Dillon Eagers


Technology:


Image link: https://images.app.goo.gl/TUsPfe5CpGkf2nDx6

I am writing this blog to discuss the tools I will be using during this module and how I will be using them throughout the module for this year. I personally have never used any of these tools in the past as far as i know but feel I will be able to figure out how to use them as I go along with this module throughout the year .This includes the following tools.
  • Blogging: Which involves everyone in the class blogging throughout the year  themselves as well as interacting with each others blogs I like this as it allows me to get to know my classmates a lot more throughout the year.
  • Image editing: would be the only program in this module i have experience in due to resizing and cropping images through programs on macs for my web development website, photography and image manipulation.
  • Graphic Creations: This is the one tool I am the most excited to start using as I loved design Process last semester and love the idea of learning how to make my own graphics from sites such as Canva (which I have already used) and from two other programs I have not used yet called cheezburger and automodivator.
  • Other programs we will be using will apparently be Padlet which allows the user to create bulletin boards that can be used to display any information on any topic. Unity 3D which we will be using to create 3D  games and mobile and desktop applications . This is the one I am most nervous about due to it being the main part of our major assignment in this module when it come s to making a game , as well as it being used again potentially in future years of this module . The final program we are using is Word press , which from what I read is connected to the Unity program in some sort of way  I assume it is a way of visually enhancing the site.
  • Besides these tools the only other thing I will be focusing on is the  class announcements from the class anouncement blog Shaun created and linked on Moodle. The Class Wiki as it has  all of the content managed , as well as it is both easy to access and has the class calendar bookmarked on it in case i get lost with assignments throughout the year  and can find a way to backtrack them. Besides them the only other program is google docs which I have already used and love from first year as it is easy to access through my google attempt and it auto saves my work as I go along unlike many other programs like work so I do not have to worry about saving every time I leave something on Google Docs.
Overall from what I read about these programs in both the brief and from googling them I feel  I have an overall good understanding why we are using these programs and what to expect in the coming months . Besides being nervous about starting Unity 3D i feel the rest I should be able to get use to a lot quicker. I also feel writing this out in blog form one by one made it easier for me to understand what we are doing mainly because I could reword certain things in a way I personally would find easier to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment