Sunday 29 September 2019

Time strategies Dillon Eagers

Time Strategies

image link:  https://images.app.goo.gl/XsrSR74B81B15DNo6


For my time strategy I plan to download a free planner app on both my laptop and phone to remind me what I need to get done throughout each week so that I can plan what I want to do each particular day as well as fit it around my time schedule throughout the week. This will be extremely important for me to do due to me having to balance both college life/work with work life/work.

I also find having a written out time schedule also helps as it makes it easier for me to memorize the tasks I have to get done throughout the week as they are still fresh in my mind due to me writing each of them out in a notebook.

I like that this post reminded us not to let the moodle due dates determine  when we get our work done as i found from last year I did this a lot and was struggling to get certain assignments done in the end.

I am hopefully going to try and use the extra credit option also so that I can get my marks for this module quicker as well as be able to mainly focus on other large assignments later in the year for modules like group work and others.

Out of all the time strategy links I was give I found "Realistic Study Plans by Amanda Collins" to be the most helpful to me personally especially how she said at the start of each module follow four basic questions.
  • How much reading do I have to do?
  • How much reviewing do I have to do?
  • How many assessments are here?
  • How many tests are there?
I also liked how she mentioned ticking off your goals as a lot of people in my class forgot to last year and ended up repeating the same thing again when it was unnecessary. I am currently thinking of a place in my house to place my daily planner so that i wont miss it every morning somewhere i will definitely notice it.

Based off my classes from last semester I found the biggest challenge was honestly time management as so much was pile on us each week which I and many other of my fellow classmates found overwhelming and stressful to keep up with. Especially with us all only starting college and not being use to the way assignments and tasks were given out.

Overall I feel I have a good understanding of what I need to do to stay organized this year and with how i was from first to second semester i feel I kind of made up a routine that is working for me, although more little things are needed to be at least tried to see if they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment