Thursday 28 November 2019

Free Unity Tutorial


Free Unity tutorials
Link to image :Here


For this week I decided to do a refresher and go over the following Jimmy Vegas videos on moodle so that I could make more progress on my project overall , as I have been finding the videos difficult to follow. This included the following videos that showed me the following topics.

Jimmy Vegas Video Tutorial 1 here: I found this one useful for 
  • Controls
  • Positioning
  • Assets
  • Hierarchy
  • Unity's layout
  • How to work unity for other platforms ( phones, Xbox, ps4)
  • How to add objects
  • How to scale objects
  • How to add terrain
Jimmy Vegas Video Tutorial 2 Here: Was where we looked at
  • Importing textures
  • Importing Materials
  • Creating Folders
  • How to raise terrain (Build Mountains for map)
  • How to change opacity
  • How t change strokes
Jimmy Vegas Video Tutorial 3 here: For this video it looked at
Adding Details to terrain ( trees, grass)
  • Adding a player to the game
  • Where to add pre made objects to your game
  • Adding code to your game
  • How a colider works
  • How t go to players view
Note: I do want to watch the part 4 video in the future to learn more on improving graphics.

New Video I looked at
The video I chose to focus on for this blog was "Character Controller with animations- walk and attack - UNITY 3D- Quick And Easy"here. I chose to go with this video mainly due to me needing to make a character and to get an idea of how to make their animations move in order to chase the antagonist of my game. The video was helpful in giving me an idea of how to make this possible on a newer version unlike Jimmy Vegas , as some items can be a bit dated. I have noticed tho however that when it comes to the necessities for Unity 3D his first few videos seem t be Ideal for making my Ideas possible. That is about all I have to say for this write-up for now and I do feel I am beginning to get a bit better in the unity write-up and am looking forward to showing off some of the structures I have created using the Jimmy Vegas tutorials alone in this weeks project blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment