Tuesday 19 November 2019

Week 9 reading and writing


Reading and writing week 9


The Reason I chose this Image is because this was taken during a culture night we were assigned to attend at the start of the term. It was to help inspire us and at least for me it honestly did .I loved looking at the Bauhaus section, as well as the pop art section and feel it honestly inspired me in a lot of my work throughout the year and hopefully in the future years to come!!
Note: this was taken at the national gallery in town on Merrion square.


Looking Back

Overall looking back over the last 8 weeks of work from my blog comments to my Project write ups and readings. I feel I have gained a lot of useful tips from these items over the weeks such as the following things.
  • From reading other peoples blogs I learned about all the different types of games Unity can make from stealth games to simple football games.
  • I also learned from reading other peoples blogs and commenting/ communicating that I am not the only person struggling with things such as college workloads, balancing work between modules, and trying to get use to and adapt to new programs such as for example Unity and Illustrator.
  • Connecting more with people in my class as not only because we are gonna be working together for the next  few years, but it was also nice getting to know them through their blog posts , as it showed their personalities off in a unique ways. It also made it easier connecting with them in person, as with commenting and communicating through blogger it made it much easier connecting with them in person and meeting some great people,
  • I feel this module in particular has made me more organised , particularly in planning ahead on other modules as i needed to organise my time more to get other things finished.
  • I feel I have been good on keeping up on the blogs overall ,but feel I could have perhaps focused more on the weekly Unity blogs , as I found it quite difficult completing some.
  • One of the biggest surprises I had was learning how vast the industry of game development and that there is not a lot of definitive ways to look at things.
Looking Forward
With the weeks going by so fast I am almost at the end of my first semester of second year and I feel good about it there has definitely been some challenges in the passing weeks but I overall feel that I am getting better use to them and will continue to do so in the common weeks. I do want to focus the next few weeks on making things in unity so that I can at least make some items such as prototypes  and also keep up with the write ups and readings , as I go along the way.


Conclusion
Overall I feel I have came a long way since the beginning and looking at both what i need to improve on as well as what I have accomplished is quite satisfying and I feel that this write up was extremely helpful in helping me progress on this course and I hope that you all enjoyed reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment