Wednesday 20 November 2019

review week comments and feedback


review week comments and feedback

Feedback in

Overall I am quite enjoying reading through the comments people are leaving on my blogs the last few weeks as it has helped me mainly in two types of ways. One of which was in reaching out and making an effort for people in my class/ module in beginning to communicate with each other ,as I really feel that I am really starting to connect more with my year from what we were like in the first year. Possibly due to me finding more things in common with them as the weeks have past such as similar interests and similar experiences in our course that we have all been mentioning in our blogs. The other reason I have been enjoying the reading is because it has allowed me to gain useful feedback on my game design in my project blogs in particular, as I have been progressing the past few weeks. This has helped in things such as considering level/character design, as well as in how I could tackle certain challenges such as me getting use to the unity program ,as they have gave me some great videos to follow on YouTube for certain sections of Unity I seem to be struggling with. I would say I am overall gaining positive feedback on my blogs throughout the weeks especially in my idea as a lot of people seemed to like it. I also have found it quite relieving that I am not the only person struggling with certain things and that we are all struggling and being understanding in the process.

Feedback out
When writing feedback for other students I feel I have been doing pretty good . Not only have I not missed a single week of uploads but I have also made sure to leave at least two points on how people can improve on their game idea in the coming weeks by using the WWW (wow, I wonder, what if) strategy and TAG (tell, ask, give) strategy I learned on the moodle notes. I found this one of the most helpful things I learned when doing blogs as it gave me so many other ways to contribute to blogs which was a giant help. I find from reading other peoples writings it has helped me in looking at certain write ups in different ways such as in the prototype write ups it has motivated me from reading others to not only work on little things in Unity to improve on such as environment layout and buildings, but to also help me in ways such as possibly making up sketch prototypes for a visual perspective.

Blog Comments
I definitely feel by commenting and reading comments from other people in my class that we are really starting to connect more as a group, especially when you see certain users frequently comment on your blogs which to me makes me more inclined to visit their pages and read and comment more on their blogs. I also feel by discussing our blogs online has made at least me and  I feel most of our class more inclined to talk to each other in person as we are growing alot closer than we were during first year.

Looking Forward
The only main issue I feel i need to focus on out of everything I the unity blogs/ comments as it has been my only main concern just keeping up with it. Besides that I have keeping up with all my other weekly blogs since the beginning and feel that the only thing I could improve on is maybe my grammar and focusing on other ways to explain stuff in my blogs in the future as the famous phrase goes "its the little things in life that matter the most".

No comments:

Post a Comment