Tuesday 5 November 2019

Game Decisions


Game decisions

For week 7, I was tasked with learning about game decisions in the reading and came up with the following from the link I went through

I have been considering this for my game for a long time ,due to my favourite game series at the moment being from the company telltales ,which is known for its decision making and choices. This is due to your decisions and choices affecting the story and characters around you making each play through of the game a more unique experience. Below are some of the titles telltales have made that have these decision making mechanics in them.
  • Tales from the borderlands: here
  • The walking dead by telltale games: here
  • Batman by telltale games: here
Link to image: here

Another Company I have always admired for their film making is Bethesda that created such games as Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. I admire this franchise as it allows the player to make decisions on how they want to go on through speech/dialogue options as can be seen below.

Link to image: here

Overall from the feedback I got from others on my game progress and my overall ideas I got a few clever concepts to consider to add decisions  such as adding the possibility of playing as the swan as well as the human, Or adding elements to the police trying to catch the swan such as choosing from a quiet stealthy approach to a more comical going loud ,gun blazing approach. I feel this is a very good way to add not only more personality to the characters but also allow the player more  options / decisions to make the game more enjoyable to them and hopefully have them coming back for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment