Friday 4 October 2019

Game Brainstorm


Game Brainstorm by Dillon Eagers

This blog post will focus on me talking about four possible game ideas I could create and why this type of game interests me.

link to where I got the image here 

For my game idea 1  I was inspired from the movie hot fuzz  movie. The film scene where both of the police officers are trying to catch a swan. I feel it could be really fun to make and could even mimic the animations of the characters in the movie . I could make it a 3D platform game and also use google maps to get an image of the town(Wells) that it was filmed in so that I could have an idea of the environment I want to make in unity The goal of the game could possibly  be to see how many swans you can catch within a time period adding more of a challenge to the player .

For my second game idea I was inspired by a show I watched as a kid called "celebrity death match "which put celebrities against each other" in a comical way. This inspired me to make a 3D boxing simulator similar to Boxing Bonanza. I was thinking of using someone very controversial in the media today like Donald Trump ,possibly against his political opponent Hillary Clinton.

For my Third game idea I was thinking of thinking of doing a game based off trying to move back and fourth as a small character trying to collect kitchen utensils by jumping table to table while trying to avoid attacks by a giant figure(antagonist) attacking him i could even make the figure who will represent the head chef look like Gordon Ramsey to make you one of the chefs from hells kitchen. I could even base a character off each level on what they are in the kitchen such as sou chef or saucier. I got inspiration from this from the game little nightmares as I love the art style and also love the idea of making Gordon Ramsey a terrifying figure in hells kitchen ,as that is what his apprentices see him as.

Note : style character models after some of his iconic insults from the show. 

For my fourth and final game idea I was thing of doing some type of horror simulator where you have to get around the Forrest and restart generators while being stalked by yetis or some other type of fictional animal/creature. I also thing playing in first person could make this game more enjoyable and intense to the player watching it. My inspiration for this  idea is slender 


3 comments:

  1. Hello Dillon, I just had read through your game ideas and I think they are all very ambitious and unique. Of all the game ideas I think my favorite is the swan game that you said was your first idea. Considering Hot Fuzz is indeed one of my all time favorite movies I was instantly enamored by the idea of replicating that small but humorous scene from the film. I also like the notion of using the real life town as inspiration for level design. The Celebrity Death Match game is one I would definitely play myself and whilst it may be rather simplistic it is also very well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well a good day to you Dillon

    I must say these are some very interesting game concepts. Your first game concept is truly "Honking" mad and very interesting, plus that scene is a true knee slapper in comedy. Your second concept is really goofy and bonkers and it would just work. Concept 3 seems like a very promising game and I do love the game little nightmares and it's art style. And your last concept seems very spooky, but I do love being scared and trying to get things done. I look forward to learning about what game concept that you will make.

    Cheerio!!!!

    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dillon,
    I looked through your game ideas and they're all pretty darn good, I love Hot Fuzz so the first one sounds great to me, I can some untitled goose game comparisons there as well. I also love the idea to adapt the Celebrity Death Match tv show, from back when MTV was watchable. It leaves plenty of room for creativity and satire.

    Overall some cool ideas,
    Cya
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete